19 August 2020
- 2 inches ginger
- 100 gram palm sugar, shaved or roughly chopped
- 1 lemongrass , bruised and knotted
- 1 pandan leaf , knotted
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cloves
- • 500 ml water
- Dry frying the ginger until fragrant, chopped, and bruised.
- Add the ginger and the rest of the ingredients in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until fragrant and all sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and let steep while still covered for another 5 minutes.
- Strain into individual tea cups and served. Garnish with some lemongrass stalks (optional).